DIY THANKSGIVING IDEAS: GOBBLE GOBBLE


Hello! How are we all on this fine day?  I take it you are getting ready for Turkey Day.  

We are having just a small shin-dig at my home.  Nothing fancy or real decorative this year, it just came up way too fast.  That's okay though, having family and all the delicious smells drifting throughout my home are all that matter! 

If you are hosting Thanksgiving, I have gathered up some ideas to help you make your own holiday feast a special one.

Learn how to make these adorable Pilgrim Place Cards.  If you have school age kiddo's this would be a great project for them.

Image Credit: Family Fun Magazine

Want to jazz up your place cards?  These Place Cards by Amanda are so versatile and they look really fancy, but they are supper easy to make.  She did a wonderful job on these!


Image Credit: Crafts by Amanda

You don't need to reinvent the wheel to make a festive centerpiece. Even if you are lacking the tabletop space, you could still place these types of decorative touches throughout your home. Check out 20 Creative DIY Ornaments and Centerpieces to get your creative juices flowing.

Image Credit: Top Dreamer Magazine



I've never known the proper way to set a table nor a buffet table.  Now I do and so will you!





And last but not least is always desert right?  I have yet to make a homemade pumpkin pie. How hard can it be?  I guess it depends on what you consider homemade.  Although I like to cook, I'm not much of a baker.  
  • Hmm, do I buy a crust or make from scratch?  
  • Do I use canned filling or a real pumpkin? 
  • Or do I go to Costco and cheat?  
Check out this experiment with a pie made from scratch and one from canned filling.  Yummy!



May you all have a very blessed day filled with love, laughter, good food and friends.  Be thankful for those who are around you on this special day, reflect on what means the most to you.  We only have this day once a year don't waste it.  Then it's on to the hustle and bustle of Christmas. 

~ Holly

1 comment:

Please Feel Free To Comment!